- “Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation” means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- “Data” means personal and non-personal User’s data that is submitted, generated, featured and displayed through the Platform, collected from the use of the Service and stored on Woostudy’s servers.
- “Legitimate Interest” means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our Services to enable us to give you the best Service and the best and most secure experience. We consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests.
- “Woostudy’s Terms and Conditions” means all of the terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced in Woostudy’s Terms and Conditions and all other Woostudy rules, policies available at http://www.Woostudy.com, as amended from time to time.
- “Performance of our Services” means processing your Data where it is necessary for the performance of our Services.
- “Personal Data” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, photo, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, birthday, office location, professional and personal interests, company name, title department, spoken languages) or information about that individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information.
- “Platform” means any online tool provided, processed and/or maintained by Woostudy (including, but not limited to, all subpages and subdomains, all content, Services and products available at or through Woostudy’s website located at and/or its mobile application, and/or any other related domain offering access to, or facilitating the provision of, the Services);
- “Service” means the online and/or offline services provided by Woostudy for the provision and use of the technology that Woostudy has developed to facilitate the acquisition of the Student Goods;
- “Services” means all eligible services that can be purchased by Customers using the Services;
- “User”, “you” and “your” collectively mean the person, company, or organization that has visited or is using the Platform and/or the Service. A User may be a Customer, a student, both or neither.
- “Merchant” means, Schools, University and counselor.
Personal Information We Collect:
We may collect the Information you provide us directly. Which personal details and transaction information such as account information, name, phone number, email address, and credit card number. When you create a WooStudy Account, we collect your contact information when you communicate with us, and information you may provide to us in connection with surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. We collect the contents of those communications, including recording the call time, call duration, and contents of telephone calls.
When you make a purchase from your account, we collect the information of your purchase such as purchase information, the location, order updates, frequency of using the account, and any discounts applicable to your purchase. We may also get your information through other sources such as any information that is commercially or publically available or through third party partners or service providers. Third party partner information related to how you use our third party partners, such as your reviews of our student partners or other service providers.
We may collect information through your networks and connections made available to us, depending on the permissions you have granted, from your mobile and desktop devices’ address book contacts, and other social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
We also collect, use and share aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic Data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data as this Data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of Users accessing a specific Platform feature.
We do not collect any Personal Data about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, and genetic. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
There is also Automatic Data Collection through your use of our services which includes our websites with your Internet protocol (IP) address, Mobile carriers, cookie identifier, IMEIs and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your device, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, mobile operator or ISP, connection speed, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices, depending on their settings, may also transmit location information to the Services. We use device information to detect abuse and identify and troubleshoot bugs, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and other information about actions taken through use of the Our Services. We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags in order to protect and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving the Services based on that information. You can choose to set your browser to not reject cookies, which will limit your ability to consume our Services.
Why we collect your Personal Data:
We process your information usually to fulfil our contractual demands like for processing your order by Merchants or for a business reasons related to their business. Under European law these reasons are mentioned as “legitimate interests.”
Such “Legitimate interests” includes:
- For prevention of risk and fraudulent activities. Your identity verification to approve transactions, and monitor your online activities to avoid fraudulent, prohibited or illegal transactions through our automated decision making technologies.
- To process payments for purchases from Merchants.
- For day to day administrative work such as enforcement of agreements.
- To answering your queries and assist you. Communication with you regarding your transactions and purchases, including shipping and returns details check-ins.
- In order to provide and improve our services for you. To give you an improved and personalized shopping experience with Us.
- For legal compliance, such as to comply with applicable legal requirements including tax and other government regulations;
- To provide reports, analytics, statistics by test our features.
- For marketing, advertising, or other communications purposes. We may also analyse your online interactions with on other services so we can introduce you to in the advertisement of the product you might like.
We only process personal information for these “legitimate interests” mentioned above. We are transparent into our privacy practices. We offer you control over your personal information where it is appropriate, where you can limit the information we hold, upon the usage of that information, your data retention, data transfer or upon any technical measure we take to protect your data.
We help merchants to use WooStudy with the technique, which is refer to as “automated decision-making”. By using this technique, we use help of human being as a resource in the process hence, we are not fully “automated”. This technique is used where there is no significant privacy implications.
As a controller, we can collect personal data based on one of the following legal basis:
- processing is the necessary for the performance of a contract we have with the data subject;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- we need to protect the vital interest of the data subject or of another person;
- We or any third party have a legitimate interest to process personal data and this is not overridden by the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject.
We Process Personal Information for other various reasons, including:
To Provide the Our Services or Information on your command. We will use your Personal Information to provide the Services. Which means that it will be used to process your transactions with Our Merchants, including:
- process payments for booking or purchasing services from Merchants;
- Your identity verification to approve transactions, and monitor your online activities to avoid fraudulent, prohibited or illegal transactions through our automated decision making technologies;
- Communication with you regarding your transactions, including returns details check-ins.
- The improved and personalized shopping experience with WooStudy.
Personal Information for our managerial or administrative purposes, including:
- to respond to your queries and process your request through our customer services or attend any technical issues you might be having;
- to process your SMS login code;
- to give an access to you to Woostudy’s featured services and functionalities of different areas of Our services;
- We may also analyse your online interactions with on other services so we can introduce you to in the advertisement of the salon or service you might like;
- for handling quality control issues;
- For day to day administrative work such as enforcement of agreements;
- to administer surveys, contests, and similar promotions;
- for legal compliance, such as to comply with applicable legal requirements including tax and other government regulations;
- to enforce our contracts; and
- to comply with law enforcement requests.
Marketing and promotional purposes permitted by the applicable law:
- notifying you about offers and services that may be of interest to you;
- tailoring content, advertisements, and offers for you;
- conducting market research or surveys;
- developing and marketing new services and measuring interest in the Services; and;
- other purposes disclosed at the time you provide personal information as you otherwise consent;
- If you use Our Services, we may send you promotional emails about sales and marketing related stuff. You may opt out through unsubscribing the corresponding mails. We may opt out to advertise our Services on a social media site if you already signed up for our Services, or we may choose to serve you a particular advertisement based on what we think may interest you.
De-identified and Aggregated use of Information
We may use Personal Information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information. De-identified or aggregated information cannot be identified as Personal Information which we may use it in many ways such as to analyse the interest of visitors by their use of our features, for research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Sharing Your Information.
We may share your information with our:
We may share any information we receive with service providers that help us provide the Our Services. The types of service providers to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for:
(i) The provision of the Our Services;
(ii) The provision of hosting, IT and related services;
(iii) The provision of information and services you have requested;
(iv) payment processing; and
(v) Customer service activities.
We may share Personal Information with our Affiliates for our and our Affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a service that you have requested. “Affiliate” means any entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with WooStudy.
We may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. WooStudy requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which WooStudy provided them.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers:
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal or the negotiation of contemplated deals.
International Data Transfers:
All personal information collected by us will be transferred to and stored in the United States of America. By choosing to visit our site, utilize the Services or otherwise provide information to us, you acknowledge that your personal information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules to those of your country.
Data transfers outside of the EU/EEA:
The GDPR does not require that data processing activities are limited to the EU, but rather regulates the transfer of personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). In order to do that, the GDPR provides for different transfer mechanisms. We are a United States company, but we work with and process data about individuals across the world. To operate our business, we may send your personal information outside of your state, province, or country, including to the United States. This data may be subject to the laws of the countries where we send it. When we send your information across borders, we take steps to protect your information with techniques such as tokenization and pseudonymization. In accordance with PCI security and card network rules, and we try to only send your information to countries that have strong data protection laws. When we send your personal information outside of Europe, we do so in accordance with European law.
How to Exercise Your Rights
We handle your information with utmost careful. We analyse the information before and offer to provide our services. We minimise and restrict the limit the information we collect. We delete, encrypt, anonymize, pseudonymize your information if we feel that it is no longer needed. We give you right to elect to limit the use of your information.
You can elect to use your right to limit the use of your personal information through the following ways:
- If you believe that you are receiving unnecessary email from us then you may be able to unsubscribe them from the link provided on the bottom of the mail. This button will stopped the emails. Upon your request we will process it within a reasonable time after receipt. We may also other non-promotional emails regarding our services which you may not be able to unsubscribe.
- You may use Do Not Track. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honour DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- To exercise Your Privacy Rights In accordance with applicable law, you may request to access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. This also enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To make correction or to update your personal data, you have to make a request. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we are holding about you corrected.
- You may request for the erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- The right to object on your personal data does exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- You may elect to request us to transfer all your personal data. We will provide to you, or to a third-party you have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automate information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- You have a right to withdraw your consent to process your personal data at any time. If you do so we will immediately stop the access for the specific service.
Data Retention and Security:
We only retain your personal information as long as you have an account with us or keep using our services. We also will retain personal information for compliance with applicable law in order to protect our and all the other party’s rights, to resolve disputes, and for enforcement of our terms and conditions. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
For your data protection we have worked tirelessly towards certain security measures to avoid security breaches, accidents, fraudulent activities or unauthorized use of your personal information. Furthermore, we have limited the access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They can only process your personal data upon our command which is also protected through confidentiality agreements. Where possible, we employ mechanisms that allow us to automatically remove data after it is no longer needed to offer our services.
For more protection we have installed in procedures to catch any suspicious data breach. We are legally obliged to send information to law regulators about the breach.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not offer our services to children below the age of 16. We also do not intentionally collect and store the information of minors below 16. If you become aware that you child is using our services without your consent please inform us through contacting our customer services and we will immediately remove your child’s personal information and delete their Account.
You may also contact us by mailing us at: